Thursday, August 28, 2014

Final day!

I am so far behind, it is not even funny, but in my defense it has been a whirlwind couple of days! I was starting to get a little disappointed with what I was seeing this time around at VMWorld. There was something that I thought was missing and I could not put my finger on it. 

Yesterday I found it. CloudVolumes. With what I have been involved with at the office I was looking for something that would improve the user experience with View. This is definitely what I was looking for! You can use a vmdk file that has applications installed to standardize a department build, without having to install it into the base image. Of course that is over simplifying.

There are also other things coming up....Project Meteor , and Project Fargo both looking to make the vdi environment even more. There are so many good things coming! 

The party last night was pretty cool. I was thrilled to be able to be part of the paper airplane toss for charity. This to me was something very positive that VMware is doing and I applaud them for it.

#VMWorld #VMware

No comments:

Post a Comment